Tuesday, July 05, 2011

Oh wait, I have a blog?

Well I bet you thought I was never coming back! Turns out I have had less time lately, or really what I think happened was Christmas and then... I never looked back! Anyway, I thought, hey, oh yeah, I was writing on our blog to keep folks updated on what we're doing. So I'll just continue doing that if you don't mind!

Let's see. We just took a weeklong vacation to Emerald Isle, North Carolina to hang out on the beach. We did some playing on the beach. We also did a lot of taking care of our boys. Young kids need a lot of taking care of, especially on "vacation", so it wasn't exceptionally relaxing during the day, but after they went to bed in the evening, Scott and I did enjoy some time on the spacious front porch of the house we rented and lounging around inside in the air conditioning. We also took turns taking walks down to the beach which was great to do too. I love the ocean and could walk on the beach for hours!

Wren just started a new preschool - this is a Montessori preschool and it's a change for us because Wren is there for longer. Last year he was at school for 2.5 hours on Tues and Thurs and this summer is now going for 4 hours on Tues, Wed, Thurs, and then in the fall will be there 5.5 hours five days a week! So that will be a lot more. But there is honestly such a difference in this kid already just going there for three weeks. He does a lot more things for himself and seems more confident and responsible, and like something has "clicked" in his brain. I was just attributing it to his age but then we went on vacation and he has been whiny and back to his old bouncing around and then today he went back to school and when I picked him up, he was great again! For the rest of the day! So... I guess it is school! Wonderful!

Erik is 14 months old today. He just started walking a couple of weeks ago and now is practically walking all the time and barely crawling. He's officially a toddler! Although we still call him "Baby Erik". Wren calls him that a lot so it rubs off on us. Erik loves dogs and pants (the dog sign in baby signs) whenever he sees them or thinks about them. He does it in the car when we pull onto our street because he's thinking about our neighbors' dogs! He looks so happy when he does it. It's super cute. Erik has a very sweet disposition and seems to love interacting with people. He and Wren love to play together and got up to some serious shenanigans in the backseat on our two day there and back car drive to North Carolina. It's really fun watching them be brothers together.

No comments: