Friday, March 09, 2012

Today

Today:

Wren...
- invented a bell-ringing machine with a mobile our cousins Barb and Tum sent from Thailand when he was born (that has little bells on it).
- told me he wanted to stop eating so he wouldn't grow because he was afraid he wouldn't know how to drive a car when he got older.
- made newspaper hats with me and decided he wanted a string under his chin to keep it on and figured out how to do that and made it work.
- was a helper at Wegman's and even scooped his own olives at the olive bar - he likes the big green olives with gorgonzola cheese in them! Even I don't like those very much!

Erik...
- said amazing things like "I see green trash truck over there" and "I pooped on potty - big potty!" (which is also amazing and true!).
- tried an olive and didn't like it, then tried another one.
- took a bite out of raw ginger at Wegman's when I wasn't looking and the couple shopping next to me laughed at the face he made. He was so surprised!

Scott...
- graded a bunch of papers :)
- played World of Goo with Wren and Erik.
- ate at Qdoba with all of us for lunch.

Emily...
- swiped my Y card for the first time in two years (renewed our membership after I let it lapse while I was pregnant with Erik!) and went swimming tonight.
- actually made some food! A yummy beef broccoli stir fry.
- read the book Comfort Me With Apples as part of my spree of reading all of Ruth Reichl's books.
- posted on our blog! :)

2 comments:

Sherry said...

Nice to see you back!

Rachel said...

thanks for the post em! love you guys!