Tuesday, July 27, 2010

daily routine

Hi! We have been in a routine of getting through each day for a while now -- the fog of newborn time was probably a month, then less foggy for another month. The past month I have felt more "with it".

Wren seems to do a great job with his little brother. He is gentle and does not bother Erik or even pay all that much attention to him. It's good if I can spend some time alone with Wren each day.

We've gotten into a bit of a routine lately: Scott takes care of Wren and Erik in the morning until either 9 or 10, then I get up and take over while Scott goes to work. Erik has fallen into a bit of a routine with his napping lately -- seems to usually sleep for a couple of hours around lunchtime, which lets me take both of them out to a park or playdate or errand and be able to focus on Wren, then come home and we have a little bit later lunch and then Wren can play before naptime. Sometimes Erik will stay sleeping in his car seat when we get home and I can prepare and eat lunch with Wren and even get him down for his nap. Then I might have a few minutes to myself before Erik wakes up and I can nurse him and spend some time with him, then try to take a nap while he naps again. Scott comes home and we all play and eat and it quickly becomes bath and bedtime for Wren, then Scott works for a couple of hours while I am with Erik or getting some chores done, then bedtime -- this past week Erik has slept in his crib and done great - a few nights he's slept 5 hours then 3 hours -- big news! So great for me to get a little more sleep! Let's hope it continues!! Anyway, then it's time to do it all over again the next day...

No comments: